Are you a perfectionist? Do these three tips…
Being a perfectionist will keep you from getting work done and getting home earlier. Why? There is the time you waste agonizing over every word in emails. Then there is the time wasted worrying over whether the finished product will be good enough. Finally, there is energy wasted procrastinating.
Perfectionism is not a Mindset that will help you increase your Productivity!
How can you keep high standards but not let perfectionism get in your way?
Try these shifts in your mindset to get control of your productivity:
1) Old mindset: “Perfect is the only way to get it done”
Productivity Mindset: “Done is better than perfect”
2) Old mindset: Figure it all out in your head, worry what people will think of your ‘smarts’, and deliver something that is perfect on the first go around.
Productivity Mindset: Put together a well thought out first draft, get colleague/client/customer feedback. Then rapidly iterate a next ‘better’ version until your project or offering is highly responsive to its audience and has wide buy-in.
3a) Old mindset (for corporate employees): Your work needs to be 100% perfect all of the time.
Productivity mindset (for corporate employees): Employ the “80-20” rule to get work to the point of ‘good enough’ to be sent out (because you have 5 other projects you have to deliver by the end of the day!) Further, make decisions rather than putting them off, expect that your judgment will be correct 80% of the time (and learn from the 20% it’s not.)
3b) Old mindset (for business owners): Every thing I say and write will be scrutinized by prospects and clients to determine whether they want to work with me.
Productivity mindset (for business owners): You leave an impression on prospects and clients through your consistent presence, empathy, and provision of solutions to their problems. There will rarely be one particular memo or meeting that is a referendum on whether a client wants to work with you.
This mindset shift is just 1 of the 29 strategies to End Procrastination revealed in my Productivity Mindset program, which I am offering to you as a valued member of my list at 50% off the regular investment. In it you will also discover every strategy you need to:
- Control the never-ending stream of tasks and prioritize when you have multiple competing projects.
- Eliminate 85% of Interruptions and Distractions
- Overcome Confidence Blocks that Get in the Way of your Productivity.
The Productivity Mindset program guarantees you:
1) Peace of mind (knowing you are keeping up and won’t let critical items fall through the cracks)
2) Balance (from gaining an extra hour of time with your family each day)
3) Income (expect thousands more in income each month or more recognition as a respected contributor to your organization because of your increased productivity)
4) Control over your life (rather than being stressed out and consumed by never-ending tasks)